Soldiers OF Destruction
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We are a group of Survivors left after the Outbreak working together to restore order to are nation, Eliminating the hordes of the Living Dead and searching for any remaining survivors to help give them a carefree life in this new world of Death and Chaos

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Newbie Looking for some suggestions

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Qleak

Qleak

Newbie Looking for some suggestions  Empty
PostSubject: Newbie Looking for some suggestions    Newbie Looking for some suggestions  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 11:02 am

You can see my current character at:
id=1249706

I've just gone up to the hospital to acquire the hiking backpack. Currently I'm building up some cash to purchase a slightly better close combat weapon at Blades of Steel. I've got my eye on a spartan sword. Is this what you would go for in my shoes?

Current Weapons: Nail-Bat, 9mm Snub Nose

Here's a copy and paste of my current stats:

Hit Points: 23 / 35
Kills: 83
Marksmanship: 29
Agility: 32
Close Combat: 36
Strength: 29
Constitution: 30
Smarts: 24
Technical: 26
Hit Points: 24/35
Encumbrance: 53.3/153.5
Current XP: 11485
Next Level: 11960
Money: 508
Attack Damage: 6-8
Critical Damage: 15-20
Strength Mod: 1.04
Attacks: 1
Speed: 10
Armor: 26%
Unspent Skill points: 0

After upgrading my weapons what would be next on your agenda?

Best,

-Q

Last edited by Qleak on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BUFF!E

BUFF!E

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Looking for some suggestions    Newbie Looking for some suggestions  EmptySat Nov 10, 2012 8:52 pm

Hi Qleak,
I suggest to finish the missions in campus college, they give good money.
You need to upgrade Constitution =>HP then Agility, Marksmanship, Strength and Close Combat.
For every two (2) points in constitution you get 1 HP. HP is vital in battles against zombies and raiders.

I suggest to invest some money in Assault Rifle. Except the drawback in ammo, you can kill zombies from range.
As second weapon a melee weapon or a 9MM pistol are good.

Regards
BUFF!E
Back to top Go down
DJ_Jon_Doe

DJ_Jon_Doe

PostSubject: I agree with Buff!e ...for the most part.   Newbie Looking for some suggestions  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 10:14 am

Good armor is always key as well. you want the best protection you can afford without losing too much of anything else because of the item & your player has 6 vital body parts which are equipable with armor such as a boots, vests, headgear, etc. The maximum armor value indicates the highest amount of armor points available for that slot & are as follows.

Head (0-10)
Face (0-5)
Hands (0-4)
Torso/body (0-30)
Legs (0-12)
Feet (0-5)

The sum of the different armor values sum up to a total armor value. Total max. is thus 66 points, equalling 66% of potential damage reduction.

For instance the knights Cuirass - A solid breastplate hammered out of steel. While it could probably stop a musket or arrow, it's not going to do much to a modern bullet and it's heavy and suffocating. Definitely better than nothing, right? Well with an armor level of 19/Weight of 48.6 lbs./Agility -8/Cost $3,250 it is good protection but at a very high all around pricetag, however if you want 1 they're available at Olga Antiques & Blades of Steel.

Another good example of this is the difference between the Riot Pants & Knight's Armor Legs. Both have the armor level of 12 & that's about where the similarities end. see the riot pants weigh 3.4 lbs vs the knights legs that come in at 12 lbs. & with these you loose on your Agility -8 vs the Riot Pants where you only loose Agility -2. & sure the Riot Pants cost a little more @ $2,500 then the Knights legs that'll only run ya $1,650. So when you have all the facts in on the items your wanting to have as your accouterments will you be able to make the most informed decision on your purchases. I've provided a link to all the available items you can purchase with the $$$ you find when looting & with real cold hard cash & it's @

Now in my opinion hand guns are good when dealing with single or small groups of zombies because you'll have to reload time & again (depending on how many there are in the horde attacking you) + with each time you have to do this the advance on you at the predetermined rate of travel available to them & you have to know that they dont get tired but can get distracted easily giving you time to run away. These are ususally light, cheap and highly accurate in close encounters below 25 yards. The cost of the ammo is often low and chances of critical headshots in short range combat are high. However, accuracy drops off quickly at longer ranges.

If your encountering large-ish groups of zombies on a pretty regular basis I'd suggest a good Shotgun or a good sub-machine Gun (1 with a large magazine that'll hold a large amount of ammo /that takes 9mm bullets so you can replenish your inventory without going broke/with a burst shot capability. These are gonna be lighter than rifles & can inflict a lot of damage using mostly 9mm ammo. Shotguns are awesome in short ranged combat, offering high damage, high chance of hitting your opponent and high chances of critical hits. However with both of these gun types the accuracy quickly drops off making shotguns & They are also ineffective at long range.

The next up is the assault & the sniper rifles. Assault rifles are more precise than SMGs and similarly offer burst shots & the ammo thy use are damn expensive but can take out zombies at a distance in a single shot. next is the Sniper Rifle & it's awesome at medium and long range with a high accuracy and chance of inflicting critical headshots, but are expensive, have a low ammo capacity and often use expensive caliber ammo I'd suggest clicking on your character icon in the game/top left of the gameboard. then click on the achievements tab & look thru there to see wha'cha might wanna try to clear out 1st & purchase your items accordingly.

Then we come to the LMGs or Large Machine Guns. These are similar to assault rifles, but not as precise and often much heavier; however, they also offer a much higher ammo capacity and some models offer a higher burst value.

Finally we have the Thrown Items & they include improvised weapons you find lying around as well as throwing knives and hand grenades. These are good to have on hand to fill you quick slots within case you run out of ammo or arent gonna be able to kill a whole horde with what you have equip'd. I'd also suggest puttin a food item in 1 of the quick use slots & a bandage or painkiller in another so you can replenish some of the other stuff you'll libel to run out of during combat or when out looting it up

Hope this helps & as always - Enjo!

- DJ_Jon_Doe
Back to top Go down
http://www.house-mixes.com/profile/DJ%20Jon%20Doe/
Qleak

Qleak

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Looking for some suggestions    Newbie Looking for some suggestions  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 1:40 pm

Since nobody else has suggested it I thought I'd mention a strategy I'm trying out here, I think it is a decent money saving strategy for the beginning of the game.

I sold both the snub nose 9mm ($975) and antique shotgun ($1080) (from college campus missions) and their ammo (Lets say you get $100 out of this but it depends on how much ammo you have used.): Approx: $2155

33,33 Master of Sports: Compound Bow $975+ Arrows $3 each (Around 50 should do to start I purchased 150)
22,32 Olga's Antique Store: GLADIUS SWORD $825
47,42 Mercy University Hospital: Hiking Backpack $1820
Total Debt: $3770

This is for a diff of about $1600. Here's why I would pick these items gladius sword +5 close combat will give a better chance to hit than most other items without a penalty on agility. The bow is cheap (compared to guns), the ammo is reusable so you will not have to purchase it often, range is 90, ten shots before reload. Backpack is +80 Enc will make life easier gathering supplies. Obviously, you don't want to sell your guns until you are in the master of sports store and ready to buy the bow.

Instead of the galdius sword you could pick a cheaper high damage item like an axe and use the twice as likely to hit with half damage option until your close combat skill is sufficiently trained.

Last edited by Qleak on Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DJ_Jon_Doe

DJ_Jon_Doe

PostSubject: sounds like you got yourself a good plan   Newbie Looking for some suggestions  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 2:14 pm

Yeah man all that sounds like a series of fine ideas. just let us know via this post how it works out for you, ie the sword drained sp points too quickly or zombies swarmed me in a store & my bow failed me due to reload time, ect. ect. ect.
Back to top Go down
http://www.house-mixes.com/profile/DJ%20Jon%20Doe/
Qleak

Qleak

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Looking for some suggestions    Newbie Looking for some suggestions  EmptySun Nov 11, 2012 7:15 pm

DJ_Jon_Doe wrote:
Yeah man all that sounds like a series of fine ideas. just let us know via this post how it works out for you, ie the sword drained sp points too quickly or zombies swarmed me in a store & my bow failed me due to reload time, ect. ect. ect.

Sure thing Smile Any suggestions always appreciated and welcome.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Newbie Looking for some suggestions    Newbie Looking for some suggestions  Empty

Back to top Go down

Newbie Looking for some suggestions
Page 1 of 1